How Many Megabytes Does Your Brain Hold?

Posted on : 2018-04-13 in others
By Ajithkumar

´╗┐Have you ever wondered what can be the maximum amount of data that can be stored in our brain? Well, many neuroscientists say that it can range between 50-100 Petabytes (1Petabyte = 1000 Gigabytes). This is not a scientifically proved value because there are many other factors that might affect the value.

Because there are nearly 100 billion neurons and each can make 100 - 1000 of connections and in that some of the can store the data or some can serve it to process the data this is the reason why it is very complex to calculate its exact total capacity.

Scientists also say that there is a huge amount of power is required to run your brain. For adults, nearly 20%-30% of your total energy is spent to power it and for small infants, nearly 50% of their total energy is consumed by the brain.

In today's world Computers are also trying very hard to compete with the human brain but a research has said that to run a computer that complex as of the human brain it would need a energy that is equivalent to run the whole city of Chennai. From this, you could understand that how complex and powerful is our human brain so it is in our hands to use it properly.

Other posts you may like


Comments